Saturday, December 4, 2010

A herculean task

T'was a moment of raw inspiration and appreciation of the Divine that produced what I wrote below...


Tis truly a herculean task,

To try and put into words certain thoughts...

What sounds profound initially is soon realised to be sub-standard. And is thrown away without a second thought...

Such is writing a song for me.

For when I am connected to thee, I can conquer even the greatest trials set before me. But when our bond is broken, I can but barely even speak a rhyme or sing a tune without the feeling of great purposeless emptiness... I struggle to find the light once again but realise soon that it is not my place to decide when we meet deep inside one another. It is thy will that I shall obey. Thy direction that I shall follow. For thou art my Sheppard. And thou shall lead me to the light oh lord. Thou shall lead me to the light.



PS: Special Thanks to Akshata Kahnolkar for being there at the right point of time to catch the words as they came spilling out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment