Saturday, November 19, 2011

Brighter

I know. I know that when you're in the dark, it's better to look for the light. That you can't let yourself get used to the situation you're in. Can't get used to the dark. I know this... I know that even if you can find a speck of light in the distance, things around you will brighten up. I know that while you stand in the dark and look, Hope will keep you warm and faith will keep you fed. I know this... I know.

But tell me this, isn't it better to stop looking and let your eyes adjust to the dark? To stop fumbling around, bruising your shins on this and that and just sit down and get used to what you're in? I asked myself once, if it was getting brighter, or if I was getting used to the dark. I think I've gotten used to the dark. I'm getting used to the cold. I know there's supposed to be a better way, but what if I'm just too tired to continue looking for it? Maybe it's just time to set up camp and make the most of where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment