Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Music for her little ears

I have a faraway cousin. She's about 6 months old now, but when she was born, her mother lived at her sister's house, that's my aunt's home and that home is quite close to mine. So I spent a fair amount of time with my faraway cousin for the fist few days after her birth. I've always been thouroughly amazed at how wonderful children are. But that's for another day. What makes me write about this little baby girl is this...

See I have a hobby. I sing. I sing whenever my voice is functional and even when I can barely make a sound. When I first met my little cousin, I was in the middle of a song. A song by a band called Pink Floyd. She was crying when I entered the room but when she heard me sing, she immeadiately stopped and listened. Now contrary to what some people believe, I am a horrible vocalist. My voice manages to annoy me even when I'm on stage singing. So theres only one logical reason for why she stopped cryimg. It was the song. And the theory proved itself right every time I walked into her hearing range singing a Floyd song. It wasnt any other band. Just Pink Floyd. Now understand, this girl's parents are not into Floyd. In fact, they both swear by old bollywood. But this girl. Oh this girl! How she loved Floyd! She would flail her arms and legs, dancing as best as a 15 Day old can, every time she heard Pink Floyd. She smiled and she laughed every time she heard Wish You Were Here, almost as if she understood what the song said. And maybe she did. Yeah... I think she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment