Thursday, September 3, 2009

16 Years Old.

I was telling Tulika, a friend of mine, at the end of an extremely long tiring day how I wished sometimes that I could just be a regular 16 year old that wasn't running around trying to change the world.
And she asked me, as I was listing the things I could do if I were 'normal' (Playing cricket every everyday. Be in a band and actually be able to practice etc. etc.), "Aakash, you really think you could watch Splitsvilla? Or Roadies? You think you could stand watching MTV?"
Thank God I'm not a regular 16 year old.

I remember telling her once when she said I worked too much that someone had to do it. And she asked why it had to be me. And as I look back now I realize how many people have asked me that over the past few months. And I finally have an answer:

I've been waiting 16 years for someone to start. And I haven't seen anyone taking up the cause. If I don't, someone else might do so. But then again, they might not. That's a risk I refuse to take. Some things have to be done guys. And if no one's doing them. I must. And so I will.

Swaying silently into the night,
-Mehta.

No comments:

Post a Comment