Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

It's almost the end of the year and man... What a year it's been.

I just got back from Pune today. Spent half of Christmas in a car and the other half in an old as hell ritual at home. But I can't complain. Cause I got a pretty awesome Christmas gift this year. One of the best I've ever had.

I was in Pune at my friends home from the 23rd to today. On the night of the 23rd, we (We being Meet, my world's bestest friend, his folks and two of their friends) were all up waiting for the clock to strike 12 since it was Meet's parent's Anniversary the next day. I had my Ukulele with me and so I was singing them a few songs. From what I understand, they really liked the songs and as the clock struck 12, we cut a cake and the friends got ready to leave. When we opened the door, on the grill of the outer door was a note:




"Wow... Sweet Voice.. Nice Composition... Over all best. All The best for a  bright future."


The note was from the neighbour. I replied with a thank you note with the link to my soundcloud page. I had just gotten one of the best Christmas gifts ever. The fact that someone was able to connect to and feel the music even through a (thin) wall was the best thing I could've gotten. Things have been hard on the creative front lately. And this was the best sign I could've gotten that things aren't so bad. And that there's always something good in the wind. 

I met the neighbour as I was leaving the apartment today. I thanked her again. Christmas. I guess I felt that Christmas spirit today. Life's good.


Merry Christmas.
Mehta.

No comments:

Post a Comment