Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pool, Flipflops, Grandma!

For those of you that don't already know, I like playing pool. I like playing pool a lot. And one person I always enjoy playing pool with is Aum, Or Aum Bhai as we like to call him. He's pretty good at it too. We play at this little place called New York Cafe or Cafe New York or whatever it's called (We just call it Yorks and it ends up being called Yoks) and every time we go there Aum wants to play an LP with someone or the other. LP being Losers Pay. Which is fine if you're good and are going to win. But we rarely find someone that's at our level or below it to play with. Today we meet these two guys that definitely suck. And Aum asks me if we want to try a LP. I don't mind. So we get to kicking their asses. All we have by 5 minutes of the first game is the eight ball. The other two are fuck scared cause we're so good! And them Aum Pots the 8 ball in the wrong fucking pot! And I'm like yeah, that's fine. Shit happens. So we play another LP. And he does the same thing again! Bugger just can't play under pressure! Urgh! But it's ok. Though I do get really pissed at him something pulls me out of it. A phone call. Bai, our maid that's been with the family since before mom and dad were even married calls up and says that my Agiba (Nani/Mom's Mom/Grandma and what not) just fell and can't get up. Now she tends o fall once in a while. It isn't very rare. But she was in the hospital for a week recently because of an infection in her foot. So I run home. Home's about 15 minutes of walking from Yorks. I eventually make it in less than ten. But I'm fucking running home in a pair of flipflops! Fucking Bata Sunshine Chappals man! Those aren't meant for running! Specially for someone like me! I can't fuckin run much as it is! Sticky dirty water makes it even harder. So halfway I just take 'em off and run home. Ended up falling like 5 times when I had the chappals on! But I made it. And what do I find? Agiba's just fine! She's chilling on the sofa! See what happened is, Bai didn't call mom. She called me. She was panicking. I called mom. Mom called people in the building. But I was kept out of the loop till much later. Anyway... My aching feet weren't much of a problem. My Nani was fine. I was relieved! Fuck My Life? No Way! Who ever gets an excuse to run barefoot in Mumbai no matter how dirty it may seem! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment