Monday, July 27, 2009

That life in slow motion.

It's so much more quite this way. Except for people of course. People make so much noise. Too much noise. We're all so busy with our lives that we tend to forget how much noise we'v been making. Things move so much slower...

The cue ball takes it's time hitting the stripe ball and it does just just with enough force to hit the border of the table, bounce off and hit a solid ball with enough force in the right direction to make it come into contact with another stripe ball that uses the transfer of momentum to enter the pot. All in less than 2 seconds. I smile as I watch it all happen and realize the beauty of it as my friends cheer the perfect shot my cousin just made.

A five layer Jack Johnson song plays on the computer. One layer each for the vocals, bass guitar, acoustic lead guitar, drums and piano. The piano is rarely heard though. With all five layers perfectly arranged I can imagine how they've all been played together. Sounds played in a specific manner to sound good. Sounds. :) Sounds. Funny how they manage to mean so much sometimes.

My bedroom door just opened. Noise. People. I don't like people much. Back to it all.

I see a child walk alongside his father at Marine Drive. The father, being taller walks at an easy pace enjoying the breeze and the sound of the waves. His son on the other hand, almost runs to keep up. Shorter legs. He has to move them faster to keep up. No wonder children have so much energy packed into them. I like children. They're not people. They're miniature versions of them. Miniature versions that normally make so much noise.

I look at myself in the mirror. My eyes have sunk deep into their cavities. They look tired. I look exhausted. Sleep deprived. Sick. I see the culmination of years of abusing my body by not sleeping, pushing myself physically and just not giving a damn about myself in general. I smile. It's been worth it. It's always been worth it. For this moment in time. As I look into my eyes and see my life rewind and play again, as I look at my past, realize my present and imagine my future I do what I do so rarely. I sigh and I smile. The kind of sigh and smile you sigh and smile at the end of a long, difficult but satisfying day. Except it sums up everything since a long long time ago. And you know what's funny? It's all in slow motion.

I hope things stay this way a little longer... I really do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment